The coast is having heavy rains. We had high winds and more is on the way. Mapleton is flooding and the Siuslaw is high. So how high is it? We found some videos on line to help tell the tale.
"The high winds blew a lot of our fence over, threw one of our planter boxes and took out at least 4 near by trees. "
You can see some of the damage on the InfusionFibers page Big Storm. There were power lines down all over and many places did not have power for days. Accoring to NOAA (1/20/2012):
THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE SIUSLAW RIVER NEAR MAPLETON.
* AT 7 PM THURSDAY THE STAGE WAS...27.3 FEET / 46100 CFS.
* FLOOD STAGE IS 18.0 FEET AND FLOOD FLOW IS 22000 CFS.
* MODERATE FLOODING IS OCCURRING.
* FORECAST...THIS RIVER CRESTED AT 28.1 FT AT 3 PM THURSDAY. THIS RIVER IS EXPECTED TO FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE SATURDAY EVENING.
* IMPACT...ABOVE 25.5 FT...EXPECT WIDESPREAD FLOODING. MANY SECTIONS OF HIGHWAY 126 FROM TIERNAN TO MAPLETON...ALONG WITH HWY 36 NORTH OF MAPLETON BEGIN TO FLOOD.
1Visit the Video of some of the flooding.
2Visit the Slide Show of some of the flooding from the news paper.
3Visit the DUNO3 page.
4Check out VitalBodies weather pages also.
5Visit the VitalBodies Web Cam for a live view of the current conditions.
6Visit the Rushing Water video near Mapleton.
7Visit the Flow Plot to see how high the river is and check the historical data for how high the river got near Mapleton.
8Visit the Hydrograph to see how high the river is learn more about the river near Mapleton.